We had a our monthly meeting today and had the opportunity to talk with Barry Adams, our current President and CEO of the HAO. We discussed many changes the University has taken to move UH to a Tier 1 school and Barry has joined us to help the efforts with the HAO constituent groups, like us, the NSM Alumni Association (NSMAA). A few questions came up around the room and I wanted to get some feedback from who ever reads this post.
1. Have you even heard about at the HAO?
2. Are a member of the HAO? If not, why?
3. Are you interested in joining and participating? If not, why?
Here are my answers…
1. Not at all until I went to a CougarCS meeting to talk about the RoboCode competition at JPMorganChase. Here, Danny introduced us to the NSMAA scholarships given out each year. This year alone, we gave over $50,000 distributed equally among the colleges of the NSM.
2. I paid for a one-year membership after my first year membership was up. I just recently signed up myself for a lifetime membership.
3. I was interested the instant I joined a board meeting. I’ve been the Treasurer for about a year and this is what prompted me to give something back to UH. Besides, I am where I because I’m went to UH.