1. “Can I ask you a question?”
-Just ask it.
2. Out of nowhere, asking a question without any context or hint about what you’re talking about. “How you implement it on the one report you did a while back?”
-Clarify, we’re not on the same page as you.
3. Calling me on my cell phone and asking, “Who is this?”
-You called me, tell me who you are.
4. When a neighbor stares at you while jogging, you wave and say hello, and they do nothing, but continue to stare.
-I said “Hello.” It’s common courtesy to respond. …Or am I just that awesome that I make you speechless?
5. Trying to Ghant chart a project with a Waterfall mentality for an Agile project.
6. Just enough coffee in the coffee pot to not make more, but not enough for one full cup of coffee.
-Quit being lazy, make another pot.
7. “I get it” with a nod, but you really don’t get it.
-Ask a question, don’t go off for two hours trying something with no success that could have been answered in two minutes.
8. Estimating/Planning for a year long project with no contingency and not adjusting it…EVER.
–Murphy’s Law is always in play. Revisit the estimation/plan if something slips, might slip, or could slip because in the end, it will.
9. Some sorting algorithms: 1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 21, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
-Have we not evolved the sorting algorithm to understand that 2 comes after 1?
10. The fact that freezers don’t have a light.
-Thanks, James. You inspired this post. Haha…
One thought on “Some Pet Peeves.”
Does yours not have a light?! Mine doesn’t have a light! GRR!