So, even though I only have a few days (7 workings days to be exact) with Eclipse, there are already a few of things I wish Visual Studio could do.
1. CTRL + mouse click to get to the variable/function/etc. declaration.
2. Very lightweight. I can get it all setup within a half hour time frame; from download (on broadband) to installation and to starting it up. None of that 3 hour thing.
3. ECLIPSE IS FREE. Yeah, you can’t beat that price.
Now here are a few things VS .NET can do I wish Eclipse could do.
1. Better folder/project/solution/workspace. Although Eclipse allows more flexiblity (Sohel says so), starting off with Eclipse is much more difficult to manage. As they say, with great powers come great responsibility (go Spider-Man!). As of now, I obviously have little responsibilities…sigh.
2. GUI/Web projects are already integrated with Visual Studio, even though there is a lot of room for improvement.
3. Debugging is far superior than Eclipse.
Let me know if I have any false impressions of either application. I need to know the best and most efficient method of programming whether I’m using Eclipse OR Visual Studio .NET 2003.
On another note, my new graphics card (sorry Long, I didn’t want to cancel and wait even longer for it to come in!) is ALMOST here. It just arrived in Houston! Too bad PackageMapper doesn’t track UPS shipments anymore. =(