Four Wisdom Teeth Removed

Thursday, the Farewell Feast

We all decided to have our last supper at Sinh Sinh. We had bunch of our favorite dishes – walnut shrimp, pan fried noodles, Peking duck, bo` lu’c la’c, and orange-peel beef. What a cheap and awesome dinner! Thanks to everyone who came out to say goodbye to our wisdom teeth!

Friday, the Operation

In the morning my brother and I had the operation at Sandalwood Dental on Friday by Dr. Bloom 7 am and 9 am, respectively. Our parents took care of us since we were wheel-chaired out to their car after our operation early Friday morning. After the operation, we’ve each been given a bottle of 30 Hydrocodone pills as a part of our pack.

Hydrocodone gets me really itchy and anxious and everything gets loopy. It’s like being high and drunk at the same time without the hangover and nausea. It cures pain like no other and it definitely helps me get through the days and nights. Without it, I’d be in bed all day to try and sleep through the pain.

Saturday and Sunday, the Pain

If you should ask, the second day after the operation is the worst. That day was Sunday for me and it started around 2 AM. I debated with myself for an hour to either try and sleep through the pain our get out of bed all groggy and dizzy to get another pill. The pain escalated ridiculously, so I stumbled out of bed to find where I last put the medicine bottle. On my way back, I realized my brother was also in pain and had a hard time sleeping, just like me.

Here’s a hint he gave me that I’ll pass on to everyone after this kind of operation: sleep with your head in a raised position. Sleep on a bunch of pillows!

While at my parents’ house, I found a Williams Sonoma I made it a point to learn a few recipes while at my mom’s house:

  • Broccoli Cheese Soup
  • Baked Potato Soup – add bits of real bacon!
  • Chao – a Vietnamese rice porridge dish. It really quite easy.
  • Homemade Chili – mix this with chao and it’s a bad ass meal!
  • Gumbo – I’ll need a bigger pot if I’m going to do this myself.

Monday, the Recovery

I really thought I would be able to make it back to work on Monday, but when I woke up Monday morning, the nausea, headaches, and dizziness kicked in. It wasn’t due to the pain, it was all because of the medicine. I decided to reduce my intake from two pills every six hours to one pill every four hours. This way, I’m not on a crazy high/trip.

Anyway, I think I’m back to normal and I hope I can make it into work just fine tomorrow morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Solve this: Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.